Engineer I | Phase II
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to partner with our growing team of engineers, designers and construction inspectors. We’re transforming communities through collaboration and design. We design for people and create more livable neighborhoods, more resilient infrastructure, and more efficient transportation systems. From pedestrian safety improvements to bike facilities to high-profile roadway reconstructions, we’re helping our clients build a safer, more sustainable future.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team of engineers providing design services to State, County and Municipal clients in the 6-county Chicagoland area. Day-to-day responsibilities for transportation improvements located at various project sites include:
- Roadway Design.
- Sidewalk and ADA Design.
- Bike Facility Design.
- Grading and Drainage Design.
- Traffic Signal Design.
- Cost Estimating.
- Preparation of plans, exhibits and reports.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-3 years of experience in roadway design or construction, Intern or co-op experience in the transportation field is desirable.
- Fundamentals of Engineering License or the ability to obtain within one year.
- An understanding of Bentley Microstation and other applicable engineering software is desirable.
- The preferred candidate will gain knowledge of IDOT Design Criteria, policies, and procedures as well as learn other agency design criteria (AASHTO) and standards on an as-needed basis.
- An understanding of the requirements of Phase II Engineering as they relate to the process of developing plans, special provisions, estimates, bid documents and permit applications for projects utilizing various funding source is required.
- Experience developing and interpreting construction documents and site plans is desirable.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently to effectively manage time and complete a daily list of projects.