Resident Engineer | Phase III
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to partner with our growing team of engineers, designers and construction inspectors. We’re transforming communities through collaboration and design. We design for people and create more livable neighborhoods, more resilient infrastructure, and more efficient transportation systems. From pedestrian safety improvements to bike facilities to high-profile roadway reconstructions, we’re helping our clients build a safer, more sustainable future.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team of construction engineers providing resident engineering services to State, County and Municipal clients in the 6-county Chicagoland area. Day-to-day responsibilities for transportation improvements located at various project sites include:
- Inspect construction of improvements to ensure work is in compliance with contract plans, specifications, and applicable standards.
- Perform field measurements in accordance with accepted standards to monitor construction progress and determine payment to the contractor.
- Prepare necessary construction documentation and as built drawings as dictated by jurisdictional agency guidelines.
- Possess the ability to read and understand project construction drawings and specifications.
- Perform or assist with construction layout operations.
- Measure and document the construction of the improvements to a level which allows for the preparation of as-built drawings.
- Attend meetings as necessary relating to construction projects.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-3 years of experience in roadway design or construction, Intern or co-op experience in the transportation field is desirable.
- Fundamentals of Engineering License or the ability to obtain within one year.
- An understanding of Bentley Microstation and other applicable engineering software is desirable.
- The preferred candidate will gain knowledge of IDOT Criteria, policies, and procedures as well as learn other agency criteria and standards on an as-needed basis.
- An understanding of the requirements of Phase III Engineering as they relate to the process of inspecting construction of improvements to ensure work is in compliance with contract plans, specifications, and applicable standards is required.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently to effectively manage time and complete a daily list of projects.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of Illinois; proof of insurability.