Traffic Data Collection Technician
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to partner with our growing team of engineers, urban planners, designers and landscape architects. We’re transforming communities through collaboration and design. We design for people and create more livable neighborhoods, more resilient infrastructure, and more efficient transportation systems. From crosswalks to bike paths, from roadways to bridges, we’re helping our clients build a safer, more sustainable future.
We are looking for a Traffic Data Collection Technician to join our growing team to setup, take down and monitor a variety of equipment that is used for collection of traffic data for use in traffic engineering studies. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Set up, monitor, and take down a variety of traffic data collection equipment
- Upload data to a website portal
- Provide quality control for assurance and accuracy
- Ability to become proficient in a variety of data collection applications
- Develop knowledge of surveying concepts, terminology and practices
- Develop proficiency in CAD software used by the company
- Possess fundamental writing skills
- Strive to understand and work within project schedules and budgets
- Maintain functionality of and coordinate use of traffic counting equipment
- Contribute to knowledge management initiatives including, but not limited to, regular engagement on the Roundabout
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
Work is performed both in the office environment and outdoors including sites with exposure to inclement weather or extreme weather conditions.
Moderate physical demands, including sitting, standing, or walking for prolonged periods of time. Strength sufficiently to lift and move items weighing up to sixty (60) pounds.
Vision should be sufficient to see and read plan specification with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents to operate survey equipment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Entry level, no experience required
- Basic knowledge of Windows OS
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and learn the functionality of new equipment
- Possess basic oral and written communication skills