Urban Design/Landscape Designer
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to join our growing team of urban planners, designers and landscape architects at our Chicago Loop office. Our work includes improving public spaces and transportation corridors in urban settings through the design and implementation of innovative bike/pedestrian friendly designs.
We are looking for a detail oriented designer with strong CAD drafting skills who enjoys both designing and developing construction documents, along with a strong desire to carry projects across the finish line. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Landscape architects and engineers with developing construction document plan sets and design details, with exposure to specification writing and cost estimating.
- Generating concept designs and design development plans for community identifiers, plazas, streetscapes, and landscape areas in collaboration with other designers and engineers.
- Managing assigned projects to ensure client expectations and deadlines are met.
- Working independently as well as closely with other design professionals including landscape architects, designers, planners, engineers and surveyors to develop design solutions at a fast pace.
Chicago, IL (candidate expected to start remotely)
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Design or related field.
- A minimum of 1-4 years of experience
- Strong AutoCAD proficiency and experience developing construction document plan sets, construction detailing, specification writing and cost estimating.
- Experience with or a desire to learn Bentley MicroStation is a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A detail oriented design approach with a desire to see projects through to final construction.