Civiltech is a leader in innovative planning, design, and construction solutions. From comprehensive studies and planning to state-of-the-art design and construction engineering, our collaborative and idea-driven team brings experience, knowledge, and cutting-edge solutions.
Civiltech offers a culture driven by collaboration and ideas. We work together. We share our ideas and our expertise. We never stop learning.
We’re where engineers go to find their passion, to learn from experts and to teach others. We’re where you tackle challenging problems to improve community infrastructure and make transportation networks more efficient, safer, and sustainable.
If you are like us, you want to contribute in meaningful ways. You want to be challenged. You want to grow. And you want to enjoy the people you work alongside. If you want to make a difference as part of a dynamic idea-driven team, check us out! We can’t wait to meet you.
Phase I Transportation Project Manager
Civiltech has a career opportunity for an energetic and highly motivated Project Manager to join our Phase I team in Itasca, IL. The core functions of this role are leading preliminary design and environmental studies for roadway and bikeway projects and managing and mentoring design engineers as well as building client relationships. You will also contribute to strategic initiatives that drive the overall growth of the organization.
How You Will Contribute:
- Lead, manage and mentor team members and activities to enhance professional growth.
- Produce and review project related plans, reports and presentations.
- Assign tasks to team members clearly outlining desired outcomes and deadlines.
- Build client relationships, negotiate contracts and monitor project budgets.
- Ensure projects are on schedule and within scope.
- Consistently implement Civiltech’s QA/QC processes to ensure the highest quality product.
- Identify and lead project pursuits consistent with department and corporate growth strategies.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
What We Are Looking For:
- A Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing roadways, bikeways and complete street multimodal facilities.
- Experience preparing NEPA transportation-related Categorical Exclusion, Environmental Assessment, Environmental Impact Statement or PEL documents.
- Licensed P.E. in Illinois.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in client management and relationship building.
- Extensive public involvement and stakeholder coordination experience.
- Skilled in development of project pursuits including proposal writing and interviews.
- Experienced in managing and mentoring teams including implementing QA/QC processes.