Sr. Structural Engineer (Itasca, IL – or – Chicago, IL)
The preferred candidate will be responsible for the design and detailing of transportation structures including highway and railroad bridges, retaining walls and box culverts under the supervision of the Director of Structural Design Services. Essential duties include the preparation of structural calculations, techincal reports, contract plans and specifications, construction cost estimates and the performance of structural inspections. Responsibilities will also include project management, as well as the preparation of professional service proposals and agreements.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering from an accredited 4-year college or university
- M.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering is preferred
- A minimum of 8+ years experience in the field of transportation related structures is required
- Current Professional and Structural Engineering licensure is required
- Fluency with Microstation and structural analysis software is required