Engineer III | Phase I
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to partner with our growing team of engineers, designers and construction inspectors. We’re transforming communities through collaboration and design. We design for people and create more livable neighborhoods, more resilient infrastructure, and more efficient transportation systems. From pedestrian safety improvements to bike facilities to high-profile roadway reconstructions, we’re helping our clients build a safer, more sustainable future.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team of engineers providing environmental and design study services to State, County and Municipal clients in the 6-county Chicagoland area. Day-to-day responsibilities for transportation improvements located at various project sites include:
- Prepare plans, cost estimate, exhibits, and reports
- Attend project meetings with clients, as necessary
- Attend public involvement activities
- Technical Writing
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4-8 years of transportation related experience is required.
- Professional Engineer License or the ability to obtain within one year.
- Bentley Microstation experience and other applicable engineering software is desirable.
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of IDOT policies and procedures.
- An understanding of the Phase I environmental and location design study process for Federal-aid projects and experience in preparation of environmental and project reports for transportation related projects is required.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently to effectively manage time and complete a daily list of project related tasks.
- The ability to produce high quality technical reports, business correspondence and organized presentations as well as the ability to communicate effectively with the client and team.