Structural Engineer I
Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to partner with our growing team of engineers, designers and construction inspectors. We’re transforming communities through collaboration and design. We design for people and create more livable neighborhoods, more resilient infrastructure, and more efficient transportation systems. From pedestrian safety improvements to bike facilities to high-profile roadway reconstructions, we’re helping our clients build a safer, more sustainable future.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our team of engineers providing structural design services to State, County and Municipal clients primarily in the 6-county Chicagoland area. Day-to-day responsibilities for transportation improvements located at various project sites include:
- Design and detailing of transportation structures including highway and railroad bridges, retaining walls, and box culverts.
- Structural calculations.
- Preparation of contract plans and specifications.
- Structural Inspections.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
Itasca, IL or Chicago, IL
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering from an accredited 4-year college or university.
- M.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Structural Engineering is preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in roadway design or construction, Intern or co-op experience in the transportation field is desirable.
- Fundamentals of Engineering License or the ability to obtain within one year.
- An understanding of Bentley Microstation and other applicable engineering software is desirable.
- The preferred candidate will gain knowledge of IDOT Design Criteria, policies, and procedures as well as learn other agency design criteria and standards on an as-needed basis.
- The ability to work either as part of a team or independently, to effectively manage time, and to complete assigned tasks and projects on schedule and within budget constraints.