Civiltech Engineering, Inc. is seeking a qualified and client focused candidate to partner with our growing team of engineers, designers and construction inspectors. We’re transforming communities through collaboration and design. We design for people and create more livable neighborhoods, more resilient infrastructure, and more efficient transportation systems. From pedestrian safety improvements to bike facilities to high-profile roadway reconstructions, we’re helping our clients build a safer, more sustainable future.
We are seeking qualified candidates to join our large team of engineers and technicians providing survey, design, and construction support services throughout the City of Chicago. Day-to-day responsibilities for transportation improvements located at various project sites include:
- Roadway Design.
- Sidewalk and ADA Design.
- Bike Facility Design.
- Grading and Drainage Design.
- Traffic Signal Design.
- Cost Estimating.
- Preparation of plans, exhibits and reports.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced engineering environment; working under occasional stress and tight deadlines; repetitive tasks; combination of sitting, standing, walking; working with others; critical thinking; problem solving; job task planning and organizing; computer use.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- I.T. or P.E. License registration (where appropriate).
- 2-8 years of experience in roadway design or construction.
- Skills in Bentley Microstation required.
- Knowledge of CDOT Design Criteria, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Experience developing and interpreting construction documents and site plans.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently to effectively manage time and complete a daily list of projects.